The present document specifies technical characteristics and methods of measurements for ground based monostatic ATC primary surveillance radars with the following characteristics:
• operating in the 2 700 MHz to 3 100 MHz frequency range;
• transmitter output peak power up to 100 kW;
• the transceiver-antenna connection uses a hollow metallic rectangular waveguide of type WR284/WG10/R32 according to IEC 60153-2 with a minimum length between the output of the power amplifier and the input to the antenna of 2,886 m (20 times the wavelength of the waveguide cut-off frequency);
• the antenna rotates, is waveguide-based and passive;
• the transceiver output uses a RF circulator.
NOTE 1: Phased array ATC primary surveillance radars are not covered by the present document.
NOTE 2: The relationship between the present document and essential requirements of article 3.2 of Directive 2014/53/EU is given in annex A.