- The endorsement method is used for adopting all European standards as Estonian standards in English.
- The drafting process is described in guide EVS JUHEND 5 (see also guide EVS JUHEND 4).
How does the adoption by endorsement method work?
- With each draft European standard, the Estonian Centre for Standardisation and Accreditation initiates its adoption as an Estonian standard. A formal proposal must be submitted only if the adoption requires the drafting of the standard’s national annex.
- A notification about the start of the public enquiry is published in EVS Bulletin and the text of the standard draft is made available for reading and commenting in the comments portal of the Estonian Centre for Standardisation and Accreditation. The public enquiry lasts for 60 days.
- Once the public enquiry is over, a summary is made of the received comments/proposals and the received input is analysed.
- Comments that have achieved a consensus at the committee are forwarded to the European Standardisation Organisation.
- After the ratification of the European standard, it is confirmed as an identical Estonian standard.
Stages of the adoption by endorsement method