The present document specifies technical characteristics and methods of measurements for cordless audio devices in the
range 25 MHz to 2 000 MHz, including:
• cordless headphones;
• cordless loudspeakers;
• consumer radio microphones in the range 863 MHz to 865 MHz;
• in-ear monitoring equipment using either 300 kHz bandwidth analogue modulation or 300 kHz, 600 kHz,
1 200 kHz digital FDMA modulation in the range 863 MHz to 865 MHz;
• in-vehicle cordless;
• personal cordless;
• broadband multi channel audio systems;
• Band II LPD (low power devices) in the 87,5 MHz to 108 MHz range (Broadcasting Band II) using up to
200 kHz bandwidth and analogue modulation;
• and other devices and frequency bands defined within CEPT/ERC/REC 70-03 [i.2], European or National
NOTE 1: The frequency bands for this equipment may differ from country to country as specified in their national
regulations. All equipment is intended to be used with integral antennas.
Table 1: Radiocommunications service frequency bands
Radiocommunications service frequency bands
Transmit 25 MHz to 2 000 MHz
Receive 25 MHz to 2 000 MHz
NOTE 2: Cordless audio devices covered within the present document are considered, by definition, Short Range
Devices (SRD), the power limits for different frequency bands can be found in the current version of
CEPT/ERC/REC 70-03 [i.2], annex 13 (or European or national regulations).
NOTE 3: Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) requirements are covered by ETSI EN 301 489-9 [i.4].