This document is intended for the application of AT on metallic pressure equipment during controlled loading.
Therefore the overall aims of this document are:
- to detect, locate and grade areas with evolving imperfections;
- to provide the manufacturer the possibility to compare results of the first test with those of subsequent periodic inspections;
- to determine the possibilities and limits of AE testing (AT) for pressure equipment;
- to establish common basis for procedures to perform AT, taking into account the specific characteristics of the equipment under test;
- to define the criteria, features and grades essential for evaluation of test results;
- to suggest follow-ups to the test.