This document specifies the requirements and associated test methods applicable to wide tolerance ductile iron and steel (restricted sizes for steel) couplings, stepped/reducing couplings and flange adaptors intended for use with pipe components made from a number of pipe materials (ductile iron, grey iron, PE in conformity with EN 12201-1 to EN 12201-5, PVC-U in conformity with EN ISO 1452-1 to EN ISO 1452-5, PVC-O in conformity with EN 17176-1 to EN 17176-5, steel, fibre-cement), for providing a leak tight seal over a wide range of pipe outside diameters:
- to convey water (e.g. water intended for human consumption);
- with or without pressure;
- to be installed below or above ground, inside or outside buildings.
This document is not intended to cover sewerage or gas applications, where additional requirements may be necessary.
This document specifies requirements for materials, dimensions and tolerances, mechanical properties and standard coatings of products.
This document covers wide tolerance couplings, stepped/reducing couplings and flange adaptors:
- manufactured with socketed or flanged ends;
- supplied externally and internally coated;
- suitable for pipes made from ductile iron in conformity with EN 545, grey iron, PE in conformity with EN 12201-1 to EN 12201-5, PVC-U in conformity with EN ISO 1452-1 to EN ISO 1452-5, PVC-O in conformity with EN 17176-1 tot EN 17176-5, steel, fibre-cement in a size range extending from DN 40 to DN 800, for an allowable operating pressure (PFA) up to 16 bar, for fluid temperatures between 0 °C and 25 °C excluding frost. For higher temperatures, (up to 45 °C for PVC-U and PVC-O or 40 °C for PE) the PFA is derated as given in EN ISO 1452 and EN 12201;
- not intended for use in areas subjected to reaction to fire regulations.
NOTE 1 This does not preclude special arrangements for the products to be used at higher temperatures. Temperature limitations and pressure limitations are those coming from the PVC-U, PVC-O or PE pipes.
This document covers ductile iron couplings, stepped/reducing couplings and flange adaptors cast by any type of foundry process or manufactured by fabrication of cast components, as well as corresponding joints, in a size range extending from DN 40 to DN 800.
As long as no equivalent European Standard exists for steel accessories, this document also covers couplings and flange adaptors which are fabricated partly or entirely from steel as well as corresponding joints, in a size range extending from DN 600 to DN 800.
This document specifies requirements for materials, dimensions and tolerances, mechanical properties and standard coatings. It also gives minimum performance requirements for all components, including restrained and non-restrained flexible joints. Joint design and gasket shapes are outside the scope of this document.
NOTE 2 PFA can be limited depending on pipe materials effectively connected.
NOTE 3 In this document, if not specified, all pressures are relative gauge pressures, expressed in bars (100 kPa = 1 bar).