The scope of the document addresses the generic verification for all types of adhesive bonding for space applications including evaluation phases. It specifies all aspects of the adhesive bonding lifetime such as assembly, integration and testing, on-ground acceptance testing, storage, transport, pre-launch, launch and in-flight environments.
This standard does not cover requirements for:
- adhesive bonding used in EEE mounting on printed circuit boards (ECSS-Q-ST-70-61)
- adhesive bonding used in hybrid manufacturing (ESCC 2566000)
- adhesive bonding for cover-glass on solar cell assemblies (ECSS-E-ST-20-08)
- design of adhesive joint
- long term storage and long term storage sample testing
- performance of adhesive bond
- functional properties of adhesive joint
• co-curing processes
This standard may be tailored for the specific characteristics and constrains of a space project in conformance with ECSS-S-ST-00.