This document specifies the characteristics of adjustable rod ends with self-aligning double row ball bearing in corrosion resisting steel with reduced internal radial clearance and threaded shank in titanium alloy, designed to withstand only slow rotations and oscillations under load.
They consist of:
- a rod end comprising:
- circumferential groove to confirm that the assembled rod-end is "in safety" emphasized with the application of red paint;
- either seals or shields;
- an optional longitudinal groove for locking purpose;
- an inner ring with balls.
These rod ends are intended for use with flight control rods or rods for aerospace structures.
They are intended to be used in the temperature range: −54 °C to 150 °C.
However, being lubricated with the following greases:
- very high pressure grease, ester type (code A), operational range −73 °C to 121 °C; or
- very high pressure grease, synthetic hydrocarbons, general purpose (code B), operational range −54 °C to 177 °C (see EN 2067);
their field of application when lubricated with code A grease is limited to 121 °C.