This European Standard defines the field of packaging machines. The machines defined fall within the following general groups:
- filling machines;
- closing machines;
- labelling, decorating and coding machines;
- cleaning, sterilizing, cooling and drying machines;
- fill and seal machines;
- inspection machines;
- container and packaging component handling machines;
- form, fill and seal machines;
- carton erecting, carton closing and cartoning machines;
- wrapping machines;
- group or secondary packaging machines;
- palletizers, depalletizers and ancillary equipment;
- pallet wrapping machines;
- strapping machines.
This part of EN 415 indicates the relevant machine specific part of EN 415, or another relevant standard, where safety requirements for dealing with the hazards associated with these machines can be found.