IEC 60320-1:2018 applies with the following addition: This document applies to appliance couplers with a degree of protection against ingress of water higher than IPX0. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1998 and Amendment 1:2004. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Aligned with IEC 60320-1:2015.
- The scope is extended to cover current ratings up to and including 16 A.
- The scope is extended to cover Class I appliance couplers.
- The scope is extended to cover appliance couplers for hot and very hot conditions.
- Added classification regarding the use of retaining devices.
- Added classification for indoor and outdoor use.