IEC 60335-2-71:2018 deals with the safety of all kinds of electrical heating appliances used for livestock rearing and breeding, such as: heat-radiating appliances, electrical sitting-hens, incubators, chicken breeding units and heating plates for animals, the rated voltage of the appliances being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
This standard applies to heating appliances used for livestock rearing and breeding that include an electrical motor.
This standard does not apply to:
- appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- heating units embedded in the floor;
- flexible sheet heating elements for room heating (IEC 60335-2-96);
- room heaters (IEC 60335-2-30).
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2002, its Amendment 1 (2007) and its Amendment 2 (2012). This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- two paragraphs are deleted (Introduction);
- normative references updated (Clause 2);
- colour required for symbols (7.6);
- some notes converted to normative text (19.2, 21.101, 22.104).