This document gives the rules of definition and interpretation of general specifications defined according to ISO 8015 (general tolerancing) applicable on the whole workpiece.
The general specifications can be applied to integral surfaces only, i.e. integral lines are excluded.
The general geometrical and dimensional specifications defined in this document applies to the following:
- for dimensional specifications:
- for features of size:
- linear size (±) (according to ISO 14405-1);
- angular size (±)(according to ISO 14405-3);
- for geometrical specifications:
- for integral features:
- geometrical specifications with the characteristic surface profile (⌓).