This document specifies safety, constructional and performance requirements and testing of automatic and semi-automatic valves for oil.
It applies to automatic and semi-automatic valves which are:
- normally closed;
- used in combustion plants to interrupt the oil flow with or without delay on closing;
- for use with oil types (e.g. middle distillate fuel oil, crude oil, heavy fuel oil or kerosene) without gasoline;
NOTE 1 For other oil types (e.g. oil emulsions), additional test methods can be agreed between the manufacturer and the test authority.
NOTE 2 Oil types from petroleum refining processes are classified ISO-F-D in ISO 8216-99 and form part of a device having other function(s), such as oil pumps. In this case, the test methods apply to those parts or components of the device forming the automatic and semi-automatic valves, i.e. those parts which are necessary for the closing function.
- for use on burners or in appliances using oil;
- directly or indirectly operated, electrically or by mechanical or hydraulic means;
- fitted with or without closed-position indicator switches.
This document covers type testing only.