IEC 60793-2-20:2015(E) is applicable to sub-categories A2a, A2b, and A2c. These fibres are used or can be incorporated in information transmission equipment and optical fibre cables (typically up to 2 km). Three types of requirements apply to these fibres:
- general requirements as defined in IEC 60793-2;
- specific requirements common to the category A2 multimodal fibres covered in this standard and which are given in Clause 3;
- particular requirements applicable to individual sub-categories or specific applications, which are defined in the normative family specification annexes. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition, published in 2007. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Nath has been replaced by NAff;
- specified test specimen length and measurement details for core diameter and NAff measurements.