IEC 60947-3:2020 applies to switches, disconnectors, switch-disconnectors and fuse-combination units and their dedicated accessories to be used in distribution circuits and motor circuits of which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V AC or 1 500 V DC.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2008, Amendment 1:2012 and Amendment 2:2015. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- addition of critical load current tests for DC switches (see 9.3.9);
- addition of requirements for a conditional short-circuit rating for disconnectors, switches, and switch-disconnectors protected by circuit-breakers (see 22.214.171.124);
- addition of new categories for high-efficiency motors switching (see Annex A);
- addition of new Annex E for connection to aluminium conductors;
- addition of new Annex F for power losses measurement.