IEC 60947-6-1:2021 applies to transfer switching equipment (TSE), to be used in power systems for ensuring the continuity of the supply and allowing the energy management of the installation, by transferring a load between power supply sources, the rated voltage of which does not exceed 1 000 V AC or 1 500 V DC.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2005, and its Amendment 1:2013. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– clarification of scope and object;
– clarification of terms and definitions;
– removal of unnecessary definitions;
– modification of characteristics;
– modification of utilization categories definitions;
– introduction of new markings requirements;
– addition of new requirements for clearances and creepage distances;
– addition of new requirements and tests for mechanical and electrical interlocks;
– clarification of transfer sequences;
– modification of requirements for rated short-time withstand currents;
– modification of new requirements for electromagnetic compatibility;
– clarification of performance requirements for CB type TSE, in alignment with requirements stated in IEC 60947-2;
– addition of new test sequence V: Critical load current performance of equipment with DC ratings.