IEC 61800-1:2021 applies to adjustable speed electric DC power drive systems, which include semiconductor power conversion and the means for their control, protection, monitoring, measurement and the DC motors.
It applies to adjustable speed electric power drive systems intended to feed DC motors from a BDM/CDM connected to line-to-line voltages up to and including 1 kV AC 50 Hz or 60 Hz and/or voltages up to and including 1,5 kV DC input side.
NOTE 1 Adjustable speed electric AC power drive systems intended to feed AC motors are covered by IEC 61800-2.
NOTE 2 This document can be used as a reference for adjustable speed electric power drive systems, intended to feed DC motors from a BDM/CDM connected to line-to-line voltages up to and including 1,5 kV AC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz and/or voltages up to and including 2,25 kV DC input side.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the clause structure has been harmonized with IEC 61800-2;
b) Clause 2 has been updated;
c) Clause 3 has been updated including fundamental definitions to be used across IEC 61800 (all parts);
d) Clause 4 has been updated with respect to:
1) description of the basic topology for BDM/CDM/PDS (4.2);
2) ratings and performance (4.3 and 4.4);
3) reference to applicable standards within the IEC 61800 series with respect to EMC (IEC 61800-3), general safety (IEC 61800-5-1), functional safety (IEC 61800-5-2), load duty aspects (IEC TR 61800-6), communication profiles (IEC 61800-7 series),power interface voltage (IEC TS 61800-8), and ecodesign energy efficiency standards (IEC 61800-9) to avoid conflicting requirements (4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.10, 4.11, 4.12);
4) update of requirement for ecodesign (4.8);
5) update of requirement for environmental evaluation (4.9);
6) implementation of requirement for explosive atmosphere (4.13);
e) Clause 5 has been updated with test requirement in order to provide a clear link between design requirement and test requirement;
f) Clause 6 has been updated to harmonize the marking and documentation requirement within IEC 61800 (all parts);
g) the Annexes have been updated.