IEC 62873-3-1:2020 applies to devices equipped with screwless-type terminals for current not exceeding 40 A, primarily suitable for connecting unprepared copper conductors of cross‑section up to 10 mm2. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2016. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Modification of scope to cover screwless-type terminals up to 40 A;
- Modification of scope to address other devices in addition to RCDs;
- Modification of Table 1 to cover rated currents up to 40 A;
- Modification of 8.1 so that IEC 62873-3-1 can be referred to by other product standards in addition to those for RCDs;
- Modification of 9.1 so that IEC 62873-3-1 can be referred to by other product standards in addition to those for RCDs.