IEC TR 61850-90-2:2016(E) provides a comprehensive overview of the different aspects that need to be considered while using IEC 61850 for information exchange between substations and control or maintenance centres or other system level applications. In particular, this technical report:
- defines use cases and communication requirements that require an information exchange between substations and control or maintenance centres;
- describes the usage of the configuration language of IEC 61850-6;
- gives guidelines for the selection of communication services and architectures compatible with IEC 61850;
- describes the engineering workflow; introduces the use of a Proxy/Gateway concept;
- describes the links regarding the Specific Communication Service Mapping.