This document specifies the safety and performance requirements for industrial, commercial, garage doors and gates and barriers, intended for installation in areas in the reach of persons, and for which the main intended uses are giving safe access for goods and vehicles accompanied or driven by persons in industrial, commercial or residential premises.
This document also covers commercial doors such as rolling shutters and rolling grilles used in retail premises which are mainly provided for the access of persons rather than vehicles or goods.
These doors can include manual pedestrian pass doors incorporated in the door leaf which are also covered by this document.
These devices can be manually or power operated.
This document does not apply to:
- lock gates and dock gates;
- doors on lifts;
- doors on vehicles;
- armoured doors;
- doors mainly for the retention of animals, unless they are at the site perimeter;
- theatre textile curtains;
- horizontally moving power operated doors mainly intended for pedestrian use;
- doors outside the reach of people (such as crane gantry fences);
- railway barriers;
- barriers intended solely for use by pedestrians;
- barriers used solely for vehicles on motorways.