This document provides product category rules (PCR) for Type III environmental declarations for:
Building hardware products for opening and closing doors, gates, windows and shutters:
- Door and window handles (EN 1906)
- Hinges (EN 1935)
- Window fittings (EN 13126)
- Shutter hardware devices (e.g. EN 14648)
- Door closers (incl. door coordinators) and hold open devices (EN 1154 + A1, EN 1155, EN 1158 + A1)
- Sliding door gear (EN 1527, EN 15706)
- Glass door gear
Building hardware products for locking and unlocking doors, gates, windows and shutters:
- Locks (EN 12209, EN 15685)
- Locking cylinders (EN 1303)
- Padlocks (EN 12320)
- Push button locks (BS 8607)
- Exit devices (EN 179, EN 1125)
Electromechanical building hardware products:
- Mechatronic cylinders (EN 15684)
- Mechatronic padlocks (EN 16864)
- Mechatronic door furniture (EN 16867)
- Electromechanically operated locks and striking plates (EN 14846)
- Electrically controlled exit systems for use on escape routes (EN 13637)
This document complements the core rules for the product category of construction products as defined in the European standard EN 15804:2012+A1:2013+A2:2019. The document is to be used in conjunction with EN 15804:2012+A1:2013+A2:2019.
NOTE The assessment of social and economic performances at product level is not covered by this document.
The core PCR:
- defines the parameters to be declared and the way in which they are collated and reported;
- describes which stages of a product’s life cycle are considered in the EPD and which processes are to be included in the life cycle stages;
- defines rules for the development of scenarios;
- includes the rules for calculating the Life Cycle Inventory and the Life Cycle Impact Assessment underlying the EPD, including the specification of the data quality to be applied;
- includes the rules for reporting the predetermined, environmental and health information that is not covered by Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) for the product, construction process(es) and construction service(s), as relevant;
- defines the conditions under which construction products can be compared based on the information provided by EPD.
For the EPD of construction services the same rules and requirements apply as for the EPD of construction products.