This document specifies the design and use requirements, the test methods and the scales of classification of the environmental performance when using a domestic swimming pool.
This document is applicable to outdoor pools, as defined in EN 16582 (all parts), intended to be permanently installed, and shall be red jointly with the latter.
This document allows the evaluation of the environmental performance efficiency of the use of domestic swimming pools.
NOTE This document only covers the operational phase of the basin. All the other stages of the product life cycle, such as the extraction of resources, the acquisition of raw materials, production, distribution, use and end-of-life processing, including final disposal, are not covered by this document.
This document does not apply to:
- the specific functions of buildings housing domestic indoor swimming pools, such as air treatment or the lighting or insulation of the buildings, etc.;
- domestic spas covered by EN 17125, or their specific equipment;
- spas for public use, or their specific equipment;
- mini-pools covered by EN 16927, or their specific equipment;
- paddling pools covered by EN 71-1 and EN 71-8, or their specific equipment;
- non-permanently installed pools covered by EN 16582 (all parts);
NOTE This document does not cover non-permanently installed pools, because the absolute majority of this kind of pools are not equipped with any kind of heating, operated and used only in comparable short periods (range of 3-4 months), and the power consumption of pumps used are usually low (range of less than 1 kWh per day).
Nevertheless, to ensure a future objective comparison also with this kind of pools and other permanently installed pools, a calculation method for non-permanently installed pools will be established and considered in the next revision.
- swimming pools for public use covered by EN 15288-1, or their specific equipment.
This document also does not apply to:
- personal hygiene devices, such as showers or footbaths, or their specific equipment;
- devices for water features, such as water play equipment or fountains, or their corresponding specific equipment (dedicated pumps, etc.).