This clause of Part 1 is applicable, except as follows:
This document applies to pedestrian controlled walk-behind lawn scarifiers and lawn aerators which are designed for regenerating lawns by combing out materials such as grass, thatch and moss or cutting vertically into the lawn face using
– metallic tines; and/or
– rigid non-metallic tines which rotate about a horizontal axis.
This document does not apply to
– pedestrian controlled walk-behind lawnmowers;
– towed/semi-mounted lawn scarifiers and lawn aerators;
– ride-on machines;
– non-powered lawn scarifiers and lawn aerators;
– combustion engine powered lawn scarifiers and lawn aerators;
– plug aerators (corers);
– hybrid and fuel cell powered machines and associated charging systems; and
– garden tractors or their attachments.
NOTE 101 Pedestrian controlled walk-behind lawnmowers are covered by IEC 62841-4-3.