This document gives requirements for the types of industrial trucks specified in the scope of EN ISO 3691-1.
This document is intended to be used in conjunction with EN ISO 3691-1. These requirements are supplementary to those stated in EN ISO 3691-1 with the addition of hazards, which can occur when operating in potentially explosive atmospheres.
This document covers the following requirements:
- electrical requirements;
- noise emissions;
- electromagnetic compatibility (EMC).
This Edocument defines supplementary requirements to EN ISO 3691-1:
- travel speed;
- travel and breaking controls - Additional operation from alongside pedestrian-controlled and stand-on trucks;
- lift chains;
- mast tilt and carriage isolation;
- operator's seat;
- operator restraint device;
- protection against crushing, shearing and trapping;
- information for use (instruction handbook and marking).
Annex A (informative) contains the list of significant hazards covered by this document.