This document specifies safety requirements and test methods for domestic spas/whirlpool spas/hot tubs (see 3.2) for indoor and/or outdoor use, covering the following:
- portable spas including inflatable spas;
- exercise spas (factory-built or field-engineered);
- Scandinavian hot tubs;
- field-engineered spas;
- any associated equipment.
This document also provides advice and guidance for installers and maintainers of domestic spas/whirlpool spas/hot tubs.
This document is not applicable to:
- any type of swimming pool (domestic or public);
- mini-pools according to EN 16927;
- public spas (public use according to EN 15288);
- paddling pools according to EN 71-8;
- spas specifically intended for physical/medical therapy;
- spas specifically intended for beauty therapy;
- flotation tanks and flotation pools;
- bath tubs (including whirlpool baths);
- natural spas (name used to describe a bathing area, which is filled with untreated geothermally heated water);
- birthing pools.