IEC 60728-106:2023 lays down the measuring methods, performance requirements and data publication requirements of optical equipment of cable networks for television signals, sound signals and interactive services loaded with digital channels only.
• applies to all optical transmitters, receivers, amplifiers, directional couplers, isolators, multiplexing devices, connectors and splices used in cable networks;
• covers the frequency range 5 MHz to 3 300 MHz;
• identifies guaranteed performance requirements for certain parameters;
• lays down data publication requirements with guaranteed performance;
• describes methods of measurement for compliance testing.
All requirements and published data relate to minimum performance levels within the specified frequency range and in well-matched conditions as might be applicable to cable networks for television signals, sound signals and interactive services.