IEC 61076-8-108:2023 describes free and fixed rectangular connectors with:
- 2P power plus 2P signal contacts;
- plastic housing with locking lever and four possible codings;
- 250 A rated current, 1 000 V DC rated voltage on the power section;
- 5 A rated current, 50 V DC rated voltage on the signal section;
- individual shielding around each power contact with relevant shielding termination;
- IP65/IP68 degree of protection when mated and locked, and IPXXB on both plug and receptacle parts when unmated, hereinafter referred to as a connector, for use in electrical and electronic equipment, including overall dimensions, interface dimensions, technical characteristics, performance requirements and test methods.