IEC 63044-3:2017+A1:2021 specifies the electrical safety requirements for HBES/BACS. In addition, it defines safety requirements for the interface of equipment intended to be connected to an HBES/BACS. It does not apply to interfaces to other networks.
NOTE An example of other networks is a dedicated ICT network covered by IEC 62949.
This document covers the following requirements and compliance criteria:
- protection against hazards from the device;
- protection against overvoltages on the network;
- protection against touch current;
- protection against hazards caused by different types of network;
- protection of the communication wiring against overheating caused by excessive current.