The present document defines XML formats for advanced electronic signatures that remain valid over long periods and incorporates additional useful information for common use cases. This includes evidence to its validity even if the signer or verifying party later attempts to deny (repudiates) the validity of the signature.
The present document builds on the following standards:
• ETSI TS 101 903 V1.4.2. XML Advanced Electronic Signatures (XAdES) ; and its Baseline Profile
ETSI TS 103 171 V2.1.1 ;
• ITU-T Recommendation X.509 ;
• IETF RFC 3161. PKIX Time-Stamp protocol ;
• IETF RFC 6960. Online Certificate Status Protocol ;
• ETSI TS 102 918 V1.2.1. Associated Signature Containers (ASiC) ; and its Baseline Profile
ETSI TS 103 174 V2.1.2 . The latter is in turn based on OpenDocument  standard “OpenDocument V1.2 Part 3 – Packages”.
For a complete list of references, see Clause 2.
Clause 5 defines the basic profile of the BDOC format. This profile contains just the signature without any validation data.
Clause 6 defines two profiles of the BDOC format with validation data providing for “replacement of the handwritten signature”.
Clause 7 discusses and defines means for achieving long-time validity of the electronic signatures.
Clause 8 specifies container format for embedding signed files and signatures into one data unit.