This European Standard specifies requirements for construction, performance and primary or selection packaging of fireworks. It is applicable to fireworks in categories F1, F2 and F3 according to EN 15947 2:2015.
This European Standard does not apply for articles containing detonative explosives except for black powder or flash composition.
This European Standard does not apply for articles containing pyrotechnic composition that includes any of the following substances:
- arsenic or arsenic compounds;
- mixtures containing a mass fraction of chlorates greater than 80 %;
- mixtures of chlorates with metals;
- mixtures of chlorates with red phosphorus (except when used in Christmas crackers, party poppers or snaps);
- mixtures of chlorates with potassium hexacyanoferrate(II);
- mixtures of chlorates with sulfur (these mixtures are allowed for friction heads only);
- mixtures of chlorates with sulfides;
- lead or lead compounds;
- mercury compounds;
- white phosphorus;
- picrates or picric acid;
- potassium chlorate with a mass fraction of bromates greater than 0,15 %;
- sulfur with an acidity, expressed in mass fraction of sulphuric acid, greater than 0,002 %;
- zirconium with a particle size of less than 40 µm.