This European Standard specifies the calculation methods, based on Life Cycle Costing (LCC) and other quantified economic information, to assess the economic performance of a building, and gives the means for the reporting and communication of the outcome of the assessment. This European Standard is applicable to new and existing buildings and refurbishment projects.
This European Standard gives:
- the description of the object of assessment;
- the system boundary that applies at the building level;
- the scope and procedure to be used for the analysis;
- the list of indicators and procedures for the calculations of these indicators;
- the requirements for presentation of the results in reporting and communication;
- and the requirements for the data necessary for the calculation.
The approach to the assessment covers all stages of the building life cycle and includes all building related construction products, processes and services, used over the life cycle of the building.
The interpretation and value judgments of the results of the assessment are not within the scope of this European Standard.