This document specifies test methods for the evaluation of the mechanical properties for moisture curing, self-curing activatable or water drying foams dispensed from single pressurized foam containers.
This document does not purport to address all of the safety concerns, if any, associated with its use. It is the responsibility of the user of this document to establish appropriate safety and health practices and determine the applicability of regulatory requirements prior to use.
The following test methods are described:
- Method 1 - Compression strength: This test method describes how to determine the compressive strength of a cured foam. It gives an indication of the foams resistance against area distributed pressure. The maximum endurable stress is determined.
- Method 2 - Movement capability: This test method describes how to determine the movement capability of cured foam. The result gives an indication of the degree of flexibility of the cured foam.
- Method 3 - Bonding strength: The method displays the measurement of the bonding power of a One Component (Foam) Adhesive, dispensed from a pressurized foam container, between two substrates with direct contact.
- Method 4 - Tensile strength: This test method describes how to determine the maximum stress a cured foam can withstand while being stretched before breaking. The result gives an indication of the elasticity of the cured foam.
- Method 5 - Shear strength: This method displays the behaviour of a foam system towards shear forces. It shows the strength and the bonding power of the foam as the sandwich element between wooden plates. The test is conducted according to EN 12090.