This document stipulates the safety requirements for use of legs and rams as intended by the manufacturer. These include legs, support rams and rams, including the mechanical extensions, the inner valves and safety devices, seals, the hydraulic connections (up to the 1st hose line or to the valve of design B, see EN 1804-3:2020) and their lifting points, but excluding protective pipes and gaiters, external valves and hydraulic and electrohydraulic control systems.
NOTE Some components are discussed in other parts of this standard series.
This document applies for legs, support rams, and cylinders that are used at ambient temperatures between -10 °C and 60 °C.
This document identifies and takes account of:
- possible hazards which may be caused by the operation of legs, support rams and rams;
- the hazardous areas and the operating conditions that can cause any type of hazard;
- the situations that can result in hazards that cause an injury or impair health;
- dangers that can be caused through mine gas and/or flammable dusts.
This document describes methods for reducing these hazards.
Clause 4 contains a list of the hazards discussed.
This document does not specify any additional requirements for:
- specially corrosive environments;
- risks associated with manufacturing and decommissioning;
A complete hydraulic powered roof support consists of the support units (EN 1804-1:2020), legs and support rams (EN 1804-2:2020) and the hydraulic and electro hydraulic controls (EN 1804-3:2020). Each part of this multipart document addresses the safety requirements of the components mentioned in the scopes of the respective parts of this multipart series.
This document is not applicable to legs and rams manufactured before the date of its publication.