This document specifies the safety requirements for hydraulic and electro hydraulic control devices, including hydraulic valves and their control elements, valve combinations, control systems, pipes and hose assemblies, measuring devices, built-in pressure limiting and check valves in legs and rams and, as well emergency stop, start warning, blocking- and control unit when used as specified by the manufacturer or his authorized representative. Excluded are pressure generators, and internal valves of legs and rams (e.g. leg bottom valves, see EN 1804-2:2020).
NOTE Some components are dealt with in other parts of this standard.
This document applies to hydraulic and electro hydraulic control devices at ambient temperatures from -10 °C to 60 °C.
This document identifies and takes into account:
- possible hazards which can be caused by the operation of hydraulic and electro hydraulic control devices;
- areas and operating conditions which can create such hazards;
- hazardous situations which can cause injury or can be damaging to health;
- hazards which can be caused by firedamp and/or combustible dusts.
This document describes methods for the reduction of these hazards.
A list of significant hazards covered appears in Clause 4.
This document does not specify any additional requirements for:
- use in particularly corrosive environments;
- hazards occurring during construction, transportation, decommissioning;
A complete hydraulic powered roof support consists of the support units (EN 1804-1:2020), legs and support rams (EN 1804-2:2020) and the hydraulic and electro hydraulic controls (EN 1804-3:2020). Each part of this multipart document addresses the safety requirements of the components mentioned in the scopes of the respective parts of this multipart series.
This document is not applicable to hydraulic and electro hydraulic control systems manufactured before the date of its publication.