IEC 60352-3:2020 is applicable to ID connections which are accessible for tests and measurements according to Clauses 6 through 8 and which are made with:
– appropriately designed accessible ID terminations,
– wires having solid round conductors of 0,25 mm to 3,6 mm nominal diameter,
– wires having stranded conductors of 0,05 mm2 to 10 mm2 cross-sectional area,
for use in electrical and electronic equipment and components.
Information on materials and data from industrial experience is included in addition to the test procedures to provide electrically stable connections under prescribed environmen-tal conditions.
There are different designs and materials for accessible ID terminations in use. For this reason only fundamental parameters of the termination are specified, while the perfor-mance requirements of the wire and the complete connection are specified in full detail.
The purpose of this document is:
– to determine the suitability of accessible ID connections under specified mechanical, electrical and atmospheric conditions;
– to provide a means of comparing test results when the tools used to make the con-nections, if any, are of different designs or manufacture.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1993. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the pre-vious edition:
a) Subclause 7.2.2: reduce the limit of duration of contact disturbance to 1 µs.
b) Subclause 7.2.3: reduce the limit of duration of contact disturbance to 1 µs.
c) Transferred Clauses 9 to 13 to Annex A (informative).
d) The figures were revised for clarity.