ISO 13766-1:2018 provides test methods and acceptance criteria for the evaluation of the electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) of earth-moving machinery, as defined in ISO 6165:2012, and of the following building construction machinery as defined in ISO/TR 12603:2010:
- drilling and foundation equipment;
- equipment used for the preparation, conveyance and compaction of concrete, mortar and processing reinforcement;
- road construction and maintenance machinery and equipment.
ISO 13766-1:2018 deals with general EMC requirements under typical electromagnetic environmental conditions. (ISO 13766‑2:2018 deals with EMC requirements specifically related to functional safety).
Electrical/electronic subassemblies (ESA) and separate ESA intended to be fitted to the machinery are also dealt with. The following electromagnetic disturbance phenomena are evaluated:
- broadband and narrowband electromagnetic interference;
- electromagnetic field immunity;
- electrostatic discharge;
- conducted transients.
The machinery can have DC or AC or a combination of both as the internal electrical power supply system.
ISO 13766-1:2018 is not applicable to machines that are designed to be supplied by an external mains network or to phenomena caused by military applications.
NOTE 1 Grid-connected machines are covered by IEC 61000.
NOTE 2 Hybrid machines are covered in UN ECE R10-Rev. 5.