IEC 60204-32:2023 applies to electrical, electronic, programmable electronic equipment and systems to hoisting machines and related equipment, including a group of hoisting machines working together in a co-ordinated manner. The equipment covered by this document commences at the point of connection of the supply to the electrical equipment of the hoisting machine (crane-supply-switch) and includes systems for power supply and control feeders situated outside of the hoisting machine, for example, flexible cables or conductor wires or conductor bars. This document is applicable to equipment or parts of equipment not exceeding 1 000 V AC or 1 500 V DC between lines and with nominal frequencies not exceeding 200 Hz. This document does not cover all the requirements (for example guarding, interlocking, or control) that are needed or required by other standards or regulations in order to protect persons from hazards other than electrical hazards. Each type of hoisting machine has unique requirements to be accommodated to provide adequate safety. This document does not cover noise risks. Additional and special requirements can apply to the electrical equipment of hoisting machines including those that
– handle or transport potentially explosive material (e.g. paint or sawdust);
– are intended for use in potentially explosive and/or flammable atmospheres;
– have special risks when transporting or moving certain materials;
– are intended for use in mines.
For the purposes of this document, hoisting machines include cranes of all types, winches of all types and storage and retrieval machines. The following product groups are included:
– overhead travelling cranes;
– mobile cranes;
– tower cranes;
– slewing luffing cranes;
– gantry cranes;
– offshore cranes;
– floating cranes;
– winches of all types;
– hoists and accessories;
– loader cranes;
– cable cranes;
– load holding devices;
– storage and retrieval machines;
– monorail hoists;
– straddle carriers;
– rubber tyred gantry cranes (RTGs).
This document does not cover individual items of electrical equipment other than their selection for use and their erection.
IEC 60204-32:2023 cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2008. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) alignment to the IEC 60204-1 sixth edition (2016) especially for:
– requirements for earthing and bonding;
– requirements for circuit protection;
– consideration of use of Power Drive Systems;
– protective bonding requirements and terminology;
– requirements pertaining to safe torque off for PDS, emergency stop, and control circuit protection;
– symbols for actuators of control devices;
b) reference for high voltage electrical equipment;
c) cableless control system requirements;
d) EMC requirements;
e) technical documentation requirements;
f) general updating to current special national conditions, normative standards, and bibliographical references.