IEC 60598-2-22:2021 specifies requirements for emergency luminaires for use with electrical lamps on emergency power supplies not exceeding 1 000 V. This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2014 and Amendment 1:2017. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- update of requirements for rest mode and inhibiting mode;
- clarification of high temperature operation tests;
- introduction of new requirements for lithium batteries;
- introduction of new requirements for electric double layer capacitors (EDLCs);
- clarification of resistance to heat, fire and tracking;
- clarification of test facilities for self-contained luminaires;
- clarification of the test method for contrast measurements of exit signs.