IEC 62271-203:2022 CMV contains both the official standard and its commented version. The commented version provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between IEC 62271-203:2022 edition 3.0 and the previous IEC 62271-203:2011 edition 2.0. Furthermore, comments from IEC SC 17C experts are provided to explain the reasons of the most relevant changes, or to clarify any part of the content.
IEC 62271-203:2022 specifies requirements for gas-insulated metal-enclosed switchgear in which the insulation is obtained, at least partly, by an insulating gas or gas mixture other than air at atmospheric pressure, for alternating current of rated voltages above 52 kV, for indoor and outdoor installation, and for service frequencies up to and including 60 Hz. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2011. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- the document has been aligned with IEC 62271-1:2017;
- beside SF6 also alternative gases have been implemented where needed;
- the terms and definitions have been updated and terms not used have been removed;
- Subclause 6.16 “Gas and vacuum tightness” has been updated;
- Subclause 6.16.3 “Closed pressure systems”: Two classes of gas has been introduced:
- GWP ≤ 1 000
- GWP > 1 000
and the tightness requirements for type tests for gasses with GWP > 1 000 has been reduced from 0,5 % to 0,1 % per year per gas compartment;
- Subclause 6.108 “Interfaces”: Typical maximum pressures in service for interfaces connected to GIS have been defined;
- Subclauses 7.102 through 7.108 have been restructured;
- Subclause 7.107 “Corrosion test on earthing connections” has been updated;
- Subclause 7.108 “Corrosion tests on sealing systems of enclosures and auxiliary equipment” has been updated;
- Annex F ‘Service Continuity’ has been modified and aligned with the recommendations of CIGRE WG B3.51.