IEC 63193:2020 is applicable to lead-acid batteries powering electric two-wheelers (mopeds) and three-wheelers (e-rickshaws and delivery vehicles), and also to golf cars and similar light utility and multi-passenger vehicles.
The document specifies methods of tests tailored to batteries destined for the above‑referenced types of vehicles so as to ensure satisfactory and safe battery performance in the intended application.
This document does not apply for example to lead-acid cells and batteries used for:
- vehicle engine starting applications (IEC 60095 series);
- traction applications (IEC 60254 series);
- stationary applications (IEC 60896 series);
- general purpose applications (IEC 61056 series); or to
- motorized wheelchairs and similar personal assist vehicles