IEC 63327:2021 deals with the safety of powered automatic floor treatment machines intended for commercial use indoors for the following applications:
– wet or dry pick-up
– application of wax, sealing products and powder-based detergents,
The requirements given by this standard are applied in addition to the requirements for commercial floor treatment machines in IEC 60335-2-72, as far as applicable.
For automatic floor treatment machines solely designed for wet or dry pick-up, additional or modified requirements of IEC 60335-2-69 where stated are applicable.
Machines covered by this standard can operate in automatic or manual mode.
Modified requirements are given in Annex FF of this standard for automatic floor treatment machines not equipped with a manual mode.
The automatic floor treatment machines covered by this standard are designed to avoid hazardous contact with persons in the environment applied. It is recognized that automatic floor treatment machines for commercial use might require operation within close proximity to large groups of people, such as in shopping malls and schools.
Throughout this standard, the term “machine” is used to refer to an automatic floor treatment machine.
The following power systems are covered:
– rechargeable batteries that are recharged by built-in battery chargers or off-board battery chargers which may be incorporated within the circuitry of the machine, or mounted on the machine and incorporated within the enclosure of the automatic floor treatment machine; or powered by batteries that need to be removed to be recharged with a charger that is external to the machine,
– Other systems are under consideration.
This standard does not apply to:
– vacuum cleaners and water-suction cleaning appliances and automatic battery-operated cleaners for household use (IEC 60335-2-2);
– floor treatment machines and wet scrubbing machines for household use (IEC 60335‑2‑10);
– battery chargers (IEC 60335-2-29);
– floor treatment machines for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-67);
– spray extraction machines for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-68);
– road sweepers;
– machines designed for use on slopes with a gradient exceeding 20 %;
– machines equipped with a power take-off (PTO);
– machines designed for use in corrosive or explosive environments (dust, vapour or gas);
– machines designed for use in vehicles or on board of ships or aircraft.
– vacuum cleaners designed for pickup of combustible dust;
– appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601-1);
– driverless industrial trucks and their systems (ISO 3691-4);
– robots and robotic devices: Safety requirements of personal care robots (ISO 13482);
– machines with parts that extend beyond the contact zone of the machine;
– machines designed for picking up liquids with a flash point below 55 °C.