This document specifies the data migration method for DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, +R, +RW, CD-R, CD-RW, BD Recordable and BD Rewritable disks for long-term data storage. By applying this document for information storage, digital data can be migrated to a next new disk without loss from the present disk if data errors are completely corrected before and during the migration and provided copying of the data is allowed.
This document specifies:
- a data migration method for long-term data storage;
- test methods for measuring maximum data error, including ambient condition, test area, test drive, disk preparation and test execution;
- an initial performance test and a periodic performance test that check an error rate of data recorded on the disks with categorized maximum data error tables;
- precautions to reduce the possibility of deterioration in order to assure the integrity of the disks during their use, storage, handling or transportation; and
- the estimated lifetime of Bmig (B0,000 1) life to determine the test interval for the periodic performance test.