This European Standard is applicable to industrial trucks, regardless of the power source (called only trucks) as defined in ISO/DIS 5053 1, and their electrical/electronic systems when used in residential, commercial, light industry and industrial environments (specified in EN 61000-6-3:2007 and EN 61000-6-2:2005).
This European Standard specifies:
- the requirements and the limit values for electromagnetic emission and immunity to external electromagnetic fields;
- the procedure and criteria for testing trucks and their electrical/electronic systems.
This European Standard is not applicable to:
- non-stacking low-lift straddle carriers;
- stacking high-lift straddle carriers;
- any pedestrian propelled trucks, excepted those which are equipped with load handling devices which have electrical powered lifting devices;
- trucks intended for use in the public domain ) with maximum speed exceeding 30 km/h;
- positioning system of driverless industrial trucks;
- interaction between systems on the trucks;
- interference to on-board radio equipment;
- equipment connected to AC-mains which is only used when the truck is not being operated (e.g. on board charger).