This document specifies the safety requirements and means of verification in addition to EN 1459-1:2017+A1:2020 and EN 1459-2:2015+A1:2018 as applicable, for rough-terrain variable-reach trucks (hereafter referred to as trucks) designed and intended for handling suspended loads which can swing freely in one or more directions. It is applicable to trucks covered by EN 1459-1:2017+A1:2020 and EN 1459-2:2015+A1:2018.
This document does not apply to:
- the lifting of suspended loads which by design of the load or the lifting attachments does not allow the load to swing freely in any direction;
- the handling of flexible intermediate bulk containers, as defined in ISO 21898:2004, carried under the forks of the truck or with attachments intended for this purpose;
- any attachments / means used for lifting personnel;
- lifting accessories;
- freight container handling trucks;
- mobile cranes (covered by EN 13000:2010+A1:2014).
This document deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations or hazardous events, related to trucks handling a freely suspended load, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Annex A).
This document does not deal with load limiter for attachments.
This document is not applicable to rough-terrain variable-reach trucks designed and intended for handling suspended loads manufactured before the date of its publication.