Kehtetu alates 17.06.2019
62281:2016 specifies test methods and requirements for primary and secondary (rechargeable) lithium cells and batteries to ensure their safety during transport other than for recycling or disposal. Requirements specified in this standard do not apply in those cases where special provisions given in the relevant regulations, listed in 7.3, provide exemptions.
NOTE - Different standards may apply for lithium-ion traction battery systems used for electrically propelled road vehicles.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition, published in 2012, and constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Deletion of the wire mesh screen from the evaluation of test criteria for an explosion;
- Extension / modification of the shock test parameters so as to achieve constant energy behaviour for large batteries as well as explanations in a new Annex A;
- Modification of the external short-circuit method so as to allow the short-circuit to be applied to large batteries after they have been removed from the temperature chamber;
- Change of the cell diameter distinguishing between impact and crush test from 20 mm to 18 mm;
- Addition of possible content for a transport certificate.