IEC 60603-7:2020 covers 8-way, unshielded, free and fixed connectors and is intended to specify the common dimensions (interface dimensions), mechanical, electrical and environmental characteristics and tests for the family of IEC 60603-7-x connectors. These connectors are intermateable (according to IEC 61076-1 level 2) and interoperable with other IEC 60603-7 series connectors. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition, published in 2008, its Amendment 1:2011 and its Amendment 2:2019. It constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical change with respect to the previous edition:
- Revised the definitions for intermateability and interoperability; added new definitions.
- Corrected dimension line for dimension AZ2 in Figure 5.
- Corrected dimension line for dimension F1 in Figure A.1.
- Revised the reference to ISO/IEC 11801 to ISO/IEC 11801-1.
- Added lower limiting temperature and upper limiting temperature definitions.
- Revised Table 1 to Table 8 so the column order is Minimum-Nominal-Maximum dimensions (ascending order).
- Corrected Table 7: Climatic category and Upper temperature values to 90 °C (to be consistent with the graph in Figure 10 and Note 1 in Figure 10).
- Revised the wording in 8.2, contact resistance, for clarification.
- Revised Figure 11 and Figure 12 and the wording in the Key below for clarification.
- Removed the sentences under the figure in the Introduction.
- Added Annex E.