IEC 60728-3:2010 lays down the measuring methods, performance requirements and data publication requirements for active wideband equipment of cable networks for television signals, sound signals and interactive services. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2005 of which it constitutes a technical revision. It includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- extension of upper frequency range limit for cable network equipment from 862 MHz to 1 000 MHz;
- method of measurement and requirements for immunity to surge voltages;
- extension of scope to equipment using symmetrical ports;
- additional normative references;
- additional terms and definitions and abbreviations. The French version of this standard has not been voted upon.