This part of EN 1451 specifies the requirements for solid-wall polypropylene (PP) pipes, fittings and the system intended for:
- soil and waste discharge applications (low and high temperature) inside buildings (application area code "B");
- soil and waste discharge applications (low and high temperature) for both inside buildings and buried in the ground within the building structure (application area code "BD").
This part of EN 1451 is also applicable to PP pipes and fittings and the system intended for the following purposes:
- ventilating part of the pipework in association with discharge applications;
- rainwater pipework within the building structure.
It also specifies the test parameters for the test methods referred to in this standard.
This standard covers a range of nominal sizes, a range of pipes and fittings series and gives recommendations concerning colours.
It applies to pipes and fittings, marked with "B", which are intended to be used inside buildings and outside buildings fixed onto the wall.
This standard is applicable to PP pipes and fittings of the following types:
- with integral elastomeric ring seal socket;
- for butt fusion joints.
whereby the fittings can be manufactured by injection-moulding or be fabricated from pipes and/or mouldings.