This document specifies inspection procedures for the assessment of energy performance of existing boilers and heating systems.
Heat generators types covered by this standard are:
- boilers for heating, domestic hot water or both;
- gas, liquid, solid fuel fired combustion boilers;
- electrically driven and gas driven heat pumps;
- thermal solar systems for domestic hot water, heating or both;
- other heat generators types, such as cogeneration units.
Parts of heating systems covered by this standard are:
- heat generators, including generation control;
- heating distribution network, including associated components and controls;
- heating emitters, including components and controls;
- space heating control system;
- heat storage and associated components;
- domestic hot water production system.
This standard covers issues related to energy conservation and environmental performance.
Table 1 shows the relative position of this standard within the set of EPB standards in the context of the modular structure as set out in prEN ISO 52000 1.
NOTE 1 In prCEN ISO/TR 52000 2 the same table can be found, with, for each module, the numbers of the relevant EPB standards and accompanying technical reports that are published or in preparation.
NOTE 2 The modules represent EPB standards, although one EPB standard may cover more than one module and one module may be covered by more than one EPB standard, for instance a simplified and a detailed method respectively. See also Clause 2 and Tables A.1 and B.1.