Withdrawn from 15.02.2019
This European Standard specifies technical requirements for the protection functions and the operational capabilities of micro-generating plants, designed for operation in parallel with public low-voltage distribution networks.
This European Standard applies irrespectively of the micro-generating plants’ primary source of energy, where micro-generation refers to equipment with nominal currents up to and including 16 A per phase, single or multi phase 230/400 V or multi phase 230 V (phase-to-phase nominal voltage).
For practical reasons, this European Standard refers to the distribution system operator in case settings have to be defined and/or provided, even when these settings are to be defined and/or provided by another actor according to national and European legal framework.
NOTE 1 This includes European network codes and their national implementation, as well as further national regulations.
NOTE 2 Further national requirements especially for the connection to the grid and the operation of the micro-generator can apply as long as they are not in conflict with this EN.
In some countries, this document may be applied to generators with higher nominal currents used mostly in domestic and small commercial installations. These countries are listed in Annex G.
The provisions of this European Standard are not intended to ensure by themselves the safety of DSO personnel or their contracted parties.
The following aspects are included in the scope:
• all micro-generation technologies are applicable.
The following aspects are excluded from the scope:
• multiple units that for one installation, in aggregate, exceed 16 A;
• issues of revenue rebalancing, metering or other commercial matters;
• requirements related to the primary energy source e.g. matters related to gas fired generator units;
• island operation of generating plants, both intentional and unintentional, where no part of the public distribution network is involved;
• active front ends of drives feeding energy back into the distribution network for short duration.