This part of IEC 60947 applies to control circuit devices and switching elements intended for controlling, signalling, interlocking, etc., of switchgear and controlgear. It applies to control circuit devices having a rated voltage not exceeding 1 000 V a.c. (at a frequency not exceeding 1 000 Hz) or 600 V d.c.
However, for operational voltages below 100 V a.c. or d.c., see 184.108.40.206.
This standard applies to specific types of control circuit devices such as:
• manual control switches, for example push-buttons, rotary switches, foot switches, etc.;
• electromagnetically operated control switches, either time-delayed or instantaneous, for example contactor relays;
• pilot switches, for example pressure switches, temperature sensitive switches
(thermostats), programmers, etc.;
• position switches, for example control switches operated by part of a machine or
• associated control circuit equipment, for example indicator lights, etc.